The Senior Administrative Assistant independently completes a wide range of administrative activities in support of a one or more managers who is/are responsible for leading a group or department. May additionally or separately support a moderately sized team [typically 6-10 individuals]. The incumbent supports the manager(s) and/or team in completing daily activities and managerial/administrative tasks. Tasks are frequently advanced and complex in nature. Has some latitude for time management and selection of work methods/approach for completion of own work. Interacts daily with the assigned manager('s') direct reports and/or team. Interactions may occasionally be at the leadership level. Appropriately and effectively addresses complex issues escalated to the assigned manager('s')/team member('s') office. Displays ability to appropriately interact with leaders during occasional interactions inside the organization. Requires ability to effectively prioritize competing requests and switch focus as needed; often must negotiate prioritization of administrative activities with team members/manager(s). May participate in ad-hoc special projects or administrative initiatives. Other activities often reflect some elements of the professional discipline supported (e.g., HR, Risk, Finance). May provide advice/training to new or less experienced team members.
- Performs advanced, diversified and sometimes confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Screens calls and visitors, and resolves inquiries. Schedules meetings, prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes. Makes travel arrangements and maintains calendar of appointments for assigned manager(s) and/or team. Activities may also encompass disciplines such as event planning, bookkeeping, as well as standard areas like word processing, data entry etc. Exercises autonomy in troubleshooting a diverse range of sometimes complex issues as they arise.
- Typically conducts a range of administrative assignments related to the assigned manager('s') and/or team's attendance or conduct of seminars, workshops, and/or conferences, among others, including preparation of materials, scheduling and logistical arrangements. May undertake diversified or special projects requiring interaction with multiple teams. Could be expected to collaborate on projects related to administrative initiatives.
- Conducts research; compiles, analyses and summarizes information for reports and correspondence. Leverages own contacts and resources, and liaises with other managers on behalf of the assigned manager(s) and/or team to facilitate information gathering and confirmation of answers.
- Applies discretion to triage a wide range of requests, questions and problems directed toward the assigned manager(s) and/or team. Expected to addresses and/or identify the level of urgency and escalate as necessary
- May be expected to prepare draft correspondences, memoranda and reports on behalf of and for review by the assigned manager(s) and/or team. May establish filing/organizational procedures. Is an intermediate to advanced user of standard business software (word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.)
Grade professionnel de bachelier
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. - Effective collaboration and communication, including information exchange with internal and external contacts, is required. - S/he has very good command of English both written and spoken as well as good command of French and/or Dutch. - S/he must be well organized - S/he must have a high level of interpersonal skills - Previous PA experience us a must
Wat bieden wij?
- Contract: long term period with a high possibility of a permanent contract